“Ugh. ANOTHER training module. They are soooooo horrible. The audio is terrible, the narrator so monotonous. Can I just turn it on and take a nap while it’s playing?? Please?”
Sound familiar? Many employees and students dread doing online training. C’mon, let’s be honest. The audio is often really bad.
More and more companies, organizations, hospitals and even schools are turning to eLearning for training. It can be effective. But only if done correctly.
Why eLearning? Here are just a few reasons:
- Requires less employee training time in the classroom
- Increases retention rates dramatically
- Non-traditional students and students who need alternative teaching techniques benefit
- Participants learn more material with better use of training time
- Many companies report that eLearning has led to increased revenue
- Boosts productivity and employee engagement in the company
- Helps employees keep up with changes and trends in their industry
- Some companies report saving millions of dollars as compared with in-classroom learning
- More environmentally friendly because it reduces the need for travel to training locations.
But what about the audio portions of those eLearning modules? Creating a quality eLearning project requires coordinating many pieces and parts. Adding narration and other audio to the module enhances learning. It also makes training more accessible to visually impaired learners.
The voice you choose to narrate can be pivotal to success! Oftentimes the narration is the last part of the eLearning module to be created—or even forgotten and not budgeted for the project until, suddenly, you realize a narration is needed–and there is a mad scramble to find a voice.
Narration should enhance the learning–not be the primary focus (and poor narration can cause it to become the focus unintentionally). Be particular when choosing a voice for your project. A poorly cast voice can be worse than no voice at all in the project.
Want to make your life easier? Whether last minute or planned from the beginning, hire a professional narrator, like me. You’ll be making a decision that will pay dividends on your investment. Your clients will be ecstatic when they receive a finished eLearning module that not only looks professional but sounds professional!
I am a professional, full-time, female voice talent and narrator. Voiceover narration is my livelihood but I have a long history in education. My degrees and background as an educator for over 18 years allow me to shape my e-learning delivery to the best effect. I am fluent in “tech-speak”, medical terminology, and have even narrated thousands of plant names in Latin. So what are you waiting for?
Check out my demos and samples of work and send me a note on the contact form below. Let’s get started on your next project!